Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 63 – First Up: Italy!

The first country I’m going to look at is Italy- a country I have always wanted to visit. I think of Italy as the land of espresso and gelato, but I want to learn more. I feel as though my view of Italy is terribly stereotypical, so I’m going to take a little time to hopefully remedy that!

Today I read about Italy’s climate: Let’s just say, if you’re planning a trip across Italy, you’ll have to pack a variety of clothes! Italy’s climate is diverse due to its vast longitudinal span and mountainous interior. In northern Italy, the climate is harsh, with very cold winters and very hot, humid summers. Central Italy has a milder climate with less difference between summer and winter temperatures. The cold season is not as bad and the sea keeps the summer temperatures from being too hot. Southern Italy and the islands also have less harsh winters. (http://www.italia.it/en/travel-ideas/the-sea.html).



I always think of a Mediterranean climate when I think of Italy, and you can definitely find that there. However, there are many different climates and not all of Italy is going to have comfortable Mediterranean weather! As I mentioned above, the mountains in Italy contribute to its varied climates. More tomorrow on that mountainous interior, and the geography of Italy!

Xoxo,

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment